. Apparently having consensual s-x in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for r-pe.
. Normally I avoid posting on this offensively absurd business but this is the best explanation of the case I’ve found so far.
Please reblog, retweet and distribute this link far and wide.
Cablegate Link Dump
- WikiLeaks cables: Moscow mayor presided over ‘pyramid of corruption’ | World news | guardian.co.uk
- WikiLeaks cables condemn Russia as ‘mafia state’ | World news | The Guardian
- BBC News - Wikileaks: Russia branded ‘mafia state’ in recent cable
- WikiLeaks cables: Alexander Litvinenko murder ‘probably had Putin’s OK’ | World news | guardian.co.uk
- Transcript: TIME Interview with WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange - TIME
- An Interview With WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange - Andy Greenberg - The Firewall - Forbes
- Wikileaks: US pressured Spain over CIA rendition and Guantánamo torture | World news | guardian.co.uk
Compare and Contrast
This morning I tuned in to CNN to see them having the same conversation they were yesterday about how to “get” Assange. God forbid they actually pay attention to any news worthy information. Some talking head pretending to be a lawyer was saying that there’s more than enough evidence of law breaking but that is a blatant lie. He’s not been arrested and extradited because he hasn’t broken any American laws, he is not an American, and he hasn’t broken anybody’s laws while on American soil.
As explained in this TED Talks interview with Assange, Wikileaks is set up much like a multinational corporation to enact the legal protection of different countries. If corporations can do it to avoid paying tax and other inconvenient legalities, why can’t others? So prosecuting Wikileaks or just one member of the group for embarrassing powerful Americans is even less likely than prosecuting say, BP’s Tony Hayward. Hayward is actually responsible for a catastrophic incident with ongoing real world consequences. Assange is not. Not a single living being has died because of anything Assange has done whereas the same cannot be said for Hayward.
If people want blood there are plenty of far more deserving candidates in this world.
The American media doth protest too much we suspect, because a non-violent revolution steeped in binary code has appeared on the horizon to hold up a mirror to its own failings.
We try not to get too serious here at the Fanciers’ Guild, but the current vogue for calling for the death of Julian…
It’s mostly just people who have obvious agendas like sociopathic squealing media whores who ask the rhetorical question of why Assange isn’t dead or in jail yet. The answer is he has not broken any American laws and he is not responsible, either directly or indirectly for any deaths.